Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Intensive Spanish - Intermedio 1, check

Four weeks and eight credits later, I finished my first four-week intensive Spanish class on October 23 (goes to show how behind I am on these blogs)! Whoo!


At Universidad Veritas, Spanish classes are divided into four week sessions. We have four hours of class each day for four weeks (yes, even Friday), with a 30 minute break after the first half of class. I thought I was going to absolutely hate having a four hour class every day, but it's not that bad. My first professor was amazing, and I learned so much, despite having more presentations than I've ever had in my life.

The good:
I learned so much more of the grammar side of Spanish. A lot of the material, while review for other students, was new to me, and that made me happy. I want to advance my Spanish skills, not simply review them. My professor was extremely helpful in encouraging us and making room for us to learn from our mistakes. In my class, we briefly reviewed present indicative, past indicative, reflexive verbs, and then moved on to some topics I were familiar with: indirect and direct objects, object verbs, pronouns, comparatives, relative superlatives, absolute superlatives, and imperative.The new material, at least it was new for me, included: imperfect indicative and when to use it v. when to use past indicative, the uses of por v. the uses of para, present perfect, and past perfect. I also ended the class with a 93.

The bad:
As of right now, these eight credits are meaningless back home. They transfer as elective credit, but since I don't need elective credit, they basically mean nothing. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment