Friday, September 25, 2015

And I'm off!

As a first generation college student, I never thought I would be able to afford college, let alone the University of Denver, that is until I was honored with the Daniels Fund scholarship in 2013, which completely changed my life. This program is so much more than a scholarship; it is a gift that keeps on giving, and because of the doors that have opened up the last two years, I am embarking on a new journey with my study abroad program in Costa Rica. Growing up, I never imagined that I would make it out of Greeley, let alone the United States. For my first time out of the country and only my third time on a plane, I have about 500 emotions going on right now while riding the shuttle to the airport. I think the one I feel most is gratitude. Thank you to my teachers who always pushed me and never gave up on me. Thank you to my family and friends for being there, and everyone else I've met along the way. Thank you to the Daniels Fund which has provided much much more than financial support. Thank you to DU for working with me to make it possible for me to get there. And most of all, thank you to those reading this post because it means you've somehow made an impact on my life leading me to this adventure. This is for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment